SAMPLE PAPER CLASS IX 2014
SUBJECT : CHEMISTRY (SCIENCE)
MM : 50 TIME : 1HR
1. Define Density? What do you mean by Term Volume ?
2. Define the term ” Volatile Liquid “?
3. Why do gases diffuse rapidly ?
4. Why is light not considered Matter ?
5. Why do diffusion become faster at higher temperature?
6. Why we wear cotton clothes in summer ?
7. After rain when do rain drops dry away easily – on a cloudy day or on a sunny day ? State reason .
8. A diver is able to cut through on a swimming pool . Which property of matter does this observation show?
9. Our own bodies contain examples of all three states of matter. can you identify these?
10. Define latent heat of fusion and latent heat of vaporization?
11. What is a dry ice and what are its properties?
12. Give reasons for the following observations. The smell of hot sizzling food reaches you several meters away, but to get smell from cold food you have to go close.
13. What is SI unit of temperature? Give mathematical relation also. And convert the following temperature to Celsius scale:
(a) 300 K
(b) 573 K
14. Explain evaporation and its cooling effect in terms of kinetic energy of particles.
15. What are the differences between boiling and evaporation?
16. I) What do you mean by change in state? Ii)How can matter change its state. Write three?
17. What factors affect the rate of evaporation?
18. Define the following terms:
a. Melting point
b. Freezing point
19. I) Define boiling. Ii) Why boiling is considered as bulk phenomenon? Iii) How vapor is different from gases? Give examples of each.
20. Write ten Differences among solids, liquids and gases.